Direct mail marketing is a great way to connect with all age groups. Some people mistake that direct mail pieces are only effective for targeting baby boomers and people who are older than baby boomers. But what about the so-called millennials? The thing is that direct mail is effective for all age groups because it is both familiar and new.
For the older set, this is a welcome form of advertisement because it is both old and new. New because it isn’t usual for a lot of companies to go for this kind of advertising and old because this is the kind of advertising they were accustomed to while growing up. As for the millennials, this is a great way of making use of something “vintage”. As for an age group that is used to virtual modes of well, everything, an actual, physical mail piece is a bit of a novelty. But enough about that, here are a few tips to make a connection with that all-important body part: your customer’s brain.
Right Side of the Brain Most marketers tries to appeal to the right side of the brain. You’ll see advertisements that seemingly sell happiness or love instead of the actual product. You’re probably familiar with TV ads containing images of a warm day, happy faces, and colorful clothing. This kind of advertising appeals to the right side of the brain in that it triggers a more emotional response from the customer instead of a response that triggers careful thinking on their end. So how should you appeal to your customer’s right brain when it comes to direct mail marketing?
- Creativity. Use creative mail pieces that engage your client’s creativity. Thanks to evolving technology, there are lots of new ways to present direct mail pieces nowadays. There’s even one company who went ahead and made a sort of portable vinyl player using carton. This sparked a lot of talks and their direct mail marketing made a crossover and became famous on the Internet. Now that’s creativity!
- Detailed Outcome. Tell them how they’ll get the BEST satisfaction of their life. Use detailed descriptions. Don’t be afraid to be terribly graphic in your choice of words (unless you’re targeting a younger audience). Use raunchy language. Make your audience moan. Maybe, sex sells, but the thrill of the chase is, in fact, easier to sell. That piece of advice is up to your creativity to decode!
- Feelings. Ah, feelings. Let them feel the warmth of nostalgia. Or the ache of it. Bring them back to memory lane or push them fast forward into Outcome Lane. It’s up to you. As long as you make them feel something, anything, then you’re on the right path. Left Side of the Brain
- Be abrupt. No extra trappings, just tell them how it is.
- Facts. Give them straightforward facts.
- Numbers. And pie charts, and graphs, and all that jazz.
Expected 2018 Swimwear Trends
Courtesy: Underlines Magazine The reason why we are all so invested in watching the fashion weeks is because we want...
Handy Maintenance Tips for Silver Jewelry
Wish to enhance the longevity of your silver jewelry items? Follow the maintenance tips provided in the following article. Authentic...
Is There Any Such Thing as a Designer Baby?
Before you raise your eyebrows at the content of this article, keep in mind that we’re not about to embark...
Loafers or Boat Shoes the Great Male Footwear Decision
Over recent years there has been an increasing amount of interest in loafers and boat shoes, although whether some people...
Tips for Becoming a Successful Makeup Artist
So, you graduated from cosmetology school and are now free to express your creativity and share your talent with the...